Bank Staff Care Work
Lagan’s Care by Lagan’s Foundation are recruiting Home Support Workers who can offer regular support, friendship and practical help to families with babies and children aged 0-19 with complex needs, specialising in heart defects or feeding issues.
- 2 years experience as a Children’s Home Support Worker or similar line of work
- Clean Criminal Record Check (Provided by Lagan’s Foundation)
- Willing to work in families homes
- Flexible hours as it will be dependent on the care package/child
- Complete our OFQUAL Recognised competency based training course
- Pass the online Safeguarding course.
- Attend all mandatory training arranged by Lagan’s Foundation
The role includes the following:
To understand the Mission Statement for Lagan’s Foundation
To understand and adhere to Lagan’s Foundation policies
To assist on a regular basis with a child’s personal care requirements to allow the primary carer a break
This may include:
delivering or continuing a feeding regime
supervising while the child is sleeping
any other specific daily requirements for the identified child
To offer friendship and personal support to families experiencing high levels of emotion.
To communicate what additional assistance may be available to the family. Coordinate appointments, and additional care requirements as appropriate.
To listen to families concerns and relay these concerns to Lagan’s Foundation so that appropriate help or advice may be sought/offered.
To share information with Lagan’s Foundation if there any concerns about the physical or emotional well-being of any member of the family.
To maintain records as instructed with regards family visits, incidents, expenses etc.
To work ad hoc shifts as and when required to suit business needs.
Ideally, the candidate will also have a clean driving license and the use of a vehicle to attend the home of the families, and be willing to have Business Insurance for any car used for work with Lagan’s Foundation. However, this is not essential as some families maybe on a public transport route or you can team up with another Support Worker, but this may limit the families you can visit.
To be part of this team and to enhance the charities ethos we would like the ideal candidate to be willing to offer 2 hours of voluntary work per week and to enable continued professional skills development.
- Job Type: Bank Contract
- Salary: £9.00 to £11.50 /hour
- Required experience: Support Environment: 1 – 2 years
- Required licence or certification: NVQ Level 2 Health & Social Care – Preferred
If you are interested please apply TODAY at