Lagan’s Foundation supply home support carers to families homes to help support a child under 5 with a heart defect or feeding issue.
Our home support workers can offer the child supervised play sessions, assisted feeds, nappy changes, baths, friendship and signposting to extra avenues of support.
Parents gain an extra set of eyes ears and hands to support where they currently have none or very little extra support with the child.
Our home support workers also support siblings.
This service is currently funded by donations and grants and any profits from Lagan’s Care
Frequently Asked Questions about Lagan’s Donated Home Support Service
All of our home support workers are
- Criminal Record Checked
- Level 2 Child Protection
- Team of specialists train the carers to understand basics in Life Support, Cardiac care, Stoma care, SaLT, Nutrition, Moving and Handing and Infection Control and Play
- External Medication Training is offered where appropriate
- Competency based pump feed training offered where appropriate
- Other child based training is given where appropriate for delegated tasks.
- Baby or a child aged 5 or under with a heart defect or feeding difficulty
- Antenatal & post-natal
- In hospital or at home
- Not Eligible for a care package via Health or Social Care Commissioning
- Family member
- Health Visitor
- Specialist Nurse
- Social Worker
Yes, our support service is regulated by the Care Quality Commission allowing home support workers to carry out personal care and delegated* tasks (*subject to specific training)
Parents or Carers with parental responsibility of the child MUST NOT leave the home premises unless via specific arrangement when using the FREE Home Support Service
We do not offer hospice at home care.
Free service – We offer a 2 hours help a week from an assigned home support worker up until the child is 5.