“An extremely caring and brilliant charity the support and help they provide is just fantastic. The staff and management team cannot do enough for everyone. Such an amazing little organisation which is really helpful for parents and carers that are struggling with children with disabilities”
Are you experienced in Domiciliary care or are you looking for a career change or an opportunity to get in to children’s community healthcare?
Full Time / Part Time
£22672 (FTE 40 Hours)
We are looking for empathetic, dedicated Domiciliary Care Staff who are able to offer a minimum of 24 hours of time each week to support children in the community to allow their parent a well earned rest.
06:30 – 08:30 – Monday to Friday – Morning get up
15:00 – 17:00 / 16:00 – 19:00 / 18:00 – 22:00 Various days through the week
10:00 – 16:00 / 11:30 – 17:30 / 13:00 – 18:00 At weekends.
We promise to give you state of the art training to meet the needs of the children you will care for and to promote your confidence and build your essential skills. With ongoing mentorship, supervision and training.
What will you be asked to do?
- Attend induction training
- Attend family homes across the region to offer a minimum of 2 hours of support each visit.
- Carers will be there to play, support and care for children aged 0-19 who have a complex health issues which include a feeding issue or a cardiac condition. This will include changing nappies or carrying out toileting / personal care routines, possible medication administration and tube feed – don’t worry full training is given.
- Expense claims paid for travel between visits.
If you are interested in helping to reduce the loneliness and isolation for a parent, by offering them support each day or week, please get in touch.
You must be able to confirm the following;
- hold a driving license,
- have a car
- have business use on your policy by your start date. Evidence of this, along with MOT and Tax details will also be required, due to the nature of the job.
- If you cannot drive, be able to travel up to 15 miles from your own home to reach a family in need, reliably. You can have up to 3 visits each day which you will be required to commute between.
- able to provide an Enhanced DBS and confirm it is on the update system before commencing employment with us.
Please go to our website www.stg-lagansfoundation-may25.kinsta.cloud and our social media for more details.
Salary: From £10.90 per hour
- Free parking
- Ongoing Intensive High quality Training
- Being part of a unique charity care team
- Hospital Saturday Cash Plan to help with Optical and Dentistry costs amongst other health care needs for you and your family.
- 8% Pension Scheme
- Supervision and Observation
All staff are required to comply with the charity’s COVID policy. This currently includes wearing an IIR surgical face mask and we prefer those who have had or are willing to have the covid vaccination. Covid requirements are subject to change as per guidance received.
Ability to commute
Working in the Bury and Prestwich area.
Additional hours achievable if prepared to travel further:
- Wythenshawe/ surrounding area
Job Type: Permanent