Fun loving, high energy individual required to work with individuals and companies and health specialists shouting from the roof tops to let the world know about the amazing work Lagan’s Foundation care team provide!
Location: Working from Lagan’s Foundation Head Office & Within the Greater Manchester Community
Role Type: Full Time (35 Hours per week. This will include occasional weekends, early mornings and late evenings.)
As a Community Engagement Officer, you will develop strong community connections and drive brand awareness to increase awareness of the charity and the services it offers to children and their families across Greater Manchester.
You will promote:
- the care services carried out across the region.
- referral pathways
- defibs for families project
- fundraising events held nationally by the charity.
- volunteering opportunities.
- patrons and sponsor opportunities.
- fundraising (One off and reoccurring) Opportunities
- Student health and social care and nursing placements
- Jungle Club for families
You’ll build strong relationships with families interested in the care services and Lagan’s Jungle Club to increase participation.
Key accountabilities of our Community Engagement Officer will also include:
- Identify and support a team of volunteers.
- Manage and engage with a team of active volunteers.
- Work collaboratively with members of the Business Development and Stewardship Team to promote volunteering in fundraising and events.
- Send out satisfaction surveys to volunteers and external stakeholders.
- Quality and Efficiency
- Displaying passion and resilience to increase brand awareness.
- Delivering on time, in-line with deadlines and working with colleagues to make a difference to others.
- Professional Competency
- Maintain up to date knowledge and professional practice through CPD.
- Attend all training requested and complete by deadlines.
- Attend team meetings.
- Time Keeping
- Attend work and appointments on time, arriving in advance to ensure full preparation is completed.
- Working relationships
- Develop strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop partnerships with other non-profit and for profit organisations.
- Provide accurate work.
- Communicate effectively with precision.
- Promote the brand within the guidelines defined.
We’re looking for individuals who hold the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience working staff and volunteers.
- Clean Children’s Workforce DBS – we can complete this application if you do not hold a DBS already.
- Ability to embrace and drive change.
- Effective prioritisation & time management
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to build and establish effective relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative busy team environment.
- Confident & skilled communicator (verbal & written)
- Customer service orientated.
- Good attention to detail
- Planning and organisational skills
- Highly proficient in relevant computer applications such as word and excel on all devices
- Ideally, you’ll hold or be willing to /actively working towards L2 Volunteer Management
- Full Driving Licence with own car (business use car insurance is essential)
- Passion to embrace the charity vision and values.
This role will also involve travel within Greater Manchester and possibly the wider UK therefore a full driving licence is essential for the role.
What’s In It for You
- 28 days holiday inc statutory bank holidays
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Hospital Saturday Fund – Health Cash Plan
- Flex Benefits including salary sacrifice scheme.
- On-site Parking
Lagan’s Foundation embraces Diversity and Inclusion. We celebrate what makes us different, as well as what we have in common. This enables us to work better as one team shaping a dynamic, innovative and inclusive culture.
Lagan’s Foundation is a Disability Confident Committed employer so if you require any reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process, please get in touch and let us know. We’re also happy to discuss flexible working options should the role accommodate it.
TO APPLY: Complete online Job Enquiry form and forward your CV to Applications@lagans.org.uk
No Skilled Work Visa
No Recruitment Agencies