As a Fundraising and Events Apprentice, you will join our multi-disciplinary team. The role is focused on developing the right individual, in-house, through the Level 3 Fundraising Standard and enabling you to develop a long-term career in fundraising and events.
This is a new level 3 apprenticeship position (18 Months), designed to develop an in-house Fundraising and Events Officer at Lagan’s Foundation.
Apprenticeships are not just jobs; they are vocational training schemes. This means our apprentices can earn while they learn and have the same rights as others in the workplace.
Co-ordinating your own team of volunteers, you will work in collaboration with their existing Business Development and Stewardship team to increase donations, major giving, legacy giving, corporate partnerships, patrons, sponsorship, events and much more through creating a case for support, storytelling and stewardship.
In addition, you will develop strong community connections and drive brand awareness to increase awareness of the charity and the services it offers to children and their families.
Key accountabilities of our Fundraising and Events Apprenticeship will also include:
- Coordinate a team of volunteers.
- Work collaboratively with members of the Business Development and Stewardship Team to promote volunteering in fundraising and events and increase donations.
- Send out satisfaction surveys to volunteers and external stakeholders.
- Quality and Efficiency
- Responsible for providing high quality volunteer opportunities.
- Displaying passion and resilience.
- Delivering on time, in-line with deadlines and working with colleagues to make a difference to others.
- Increase the number of patrons signed to the charity in-line with the strategy.
- Increasing the sponsors for events
- Increasing donations in-line with the fundraising strategy
- Professional Competency
- Maintain up to date knowledge and professional practice through CPD.
- Completing the 18 months apprenticeship.
- Supporting the team to achieve the financial targets.
- Attend all training requested and complete by deadlines.
- Attend team meetings.
- Attend 6 weekly supervision with line manager.
- Provide ongoing support for volunteers.
- Time Keeping
- Attend work and appointments on time, arriving in advance to ensure full preparation is completed.
- Working relationships
- Develop strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide accurate work.
- Communicate effectively with precision.
- Promote the brand within the guidelines defined.
We’re looking for individuals who hold the following skills and experience:
- Full and Clean Driving Licence and Own Car with business use insurance – Essential
- GCSE’s Maths and English 9-4 or A-C – Essential
- Strong work ethic – Essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use IT packages relevant to the role.
- Ability to present information in word, forms, tables and spread sheets and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with the ability to work independently and to deadlines.
- Effective prioritisation
- Ability to build and establish effective relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative busy team environment.
- Effective decision-making skills
- Customer service orientated.
- Good attention to detail
- Passion to embrace the charity vision and values.
This role will also involve travel within the Northwest and possibly the wider UK therefore a full driving licence and flexibility is essential for the role.
What’s In It for You
- 28 days holiday inc statutory bank holidays (Note: Closed for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day)
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Hospital Saturday Fund – Health Cash Plan
- Flex Benefits including salary sacrifice scheme.
- On-site Parking
Lagan’s Foundation embraces Diversity and Inclusion. We celebrate what makes us different, as well as what we have in common. This enables us to work better as one team shaping a dynamic, innovative and inclusive culture.
Lagan’s Foundation is a Disability Confident Committed employer so if you require any reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process, please get in touch and let us know. We’re also happy to discuss flexible working options should the role accommodate it.
To Apply: Complete the online Enquiry and forward your CV to Applications@Lagans.org.uk
NO Skilled Worker Visa Sponsorship