We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Marketing and Communications Lead to join our award-winning team. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in driving the organisation’s marketing and communication strategies, managing a team, and collaborating with external partners to enhance our charitable support and packages of care.
Marketing and Communications Lead
Location: Bolton Office and will involve travel across the NW
Role Type: Permanent
Hours: 35 Hours per week
This will may involve occasional weekends, early mornings and late evenings for networking and events
Lagan’s Foundation is an established provider of specialist home healthcare and respite services to children and their families in the UK
As the Marketing and Communications Lead, you will lead our marketing efforts, managing a dedicated team and collaborating with external partners. You will be responsible for developing and executing comprehensive marketing and communication strategies to secure charitable support and packages of care. This role requires the ability to work with existing processes and brand guidelines while bringing innovation and improvements to our marketing initiatives.
- Recruit, manage and mentor a team, including the Marketing Officer, Marketing Apprentice, Social Media Apprentice, and collaborate with the SEO provider.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns, ensuring alignment with Organisational goals.
- Oversee stakeholder management, including supporters, volunteers, corporate partners, and event participants.
- Manage campaign and supporter databases, ensuring accuracy and data integrity.
- Develop new corporate partnerships with support from the department head.
- Promote the donated care program, reaching families with children facing complex health conditions.
- Manage a program of fundraising challenges and events together with the fundraising team.
- Conduct research to gain valuable insights into donor motivations, trends, and potential partnerships.
- Contribute to the development of marketing plans and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Create and maintain traditional marketing materials and mailing lists.
- Write award applications and, when possible, attend award events.
- Collaborate with the recruitment officer to amplify the employer brand and promote job opportunities.
- Work with the business development department to create compelling content that builds a case for support.
- Collaborate with an external website company to update and improve the charity’s website.
- Manage charity social media accounts.
- Oversee data management, budgeting, and analytics.
- Ensure compliance with Marketing and Data Protection regulations.
- Address and solve problems within the role.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to junior team members.
- Pursue personal development as a marketing professional.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Proven experience in marketing and communications.
- Strong writing skills for traditional and digital platforms.
- Experience managing teams and collaborating with external partners.
- Proficiency in website content management systems.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices.
- Excellent Organisational and project management skills.
This role will also involve travel within the Northwest and possibly the wider UK therefore a full driving licence and flexibility is essential for the role.
What’s In It for You
- 28 days holiday inc statutory bank holidays (Note: Closed for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day)
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Hospital Saturday Fund – Health Cash Plan
- Flex Benefits including salary sacrifice scheme.
- On-site Parking
Lagan’s Foundation embraces Diversity and Inclusion. We celebrate what makes us different, as well as what we have in common. This enables us to work better as one team shaping a dynamic, innovative, and inclusive culture.
Lagan’s Foundation is a Disability Confident Committed employer so if you require any reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process, please get in touch and let us know. We’re also happy to discuss flexible working options should the role accommodate it.
How to Apply: If you are passionate about making a difference and have the skills to drive impactful marketing and communication strategies, we invite you to submit your resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience and vision for advancing our mission to Applications@lagans.org.uk by 26th January 2024.
Lagan’s Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences. Join us in making a positive impact on the lives of families in need.