Lagan’s Foundation, a provider of specialised home healthcare and respite for children, invites dynamic individuals to join our team in the role of Registered Children’s Nurse Clinical Skills Trainer and Assessor at our Head Office in Bolton. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the growth and outreach of our multi award-winning team, expanding our impact in line with our growth and development strategy.
Full Time / Part Time
£28,520 - £34,760
RCN Clinical Skills Trainer
Location: Head Office, Bolton Covering Greater Manchester and Merseyside
Role Type: Full-time or Part Time (FT – 35 Hours a week)
Salary: £28,520 – £34,760 (depending on skills and experience)
NHS Band: Band 5 + 3 years’ – Band 6 +3 years
The Opportunity: As a key member of our internal training team, you will play a crucial role in delivering high quality training and assessment to internal staff, students and volunteers. Collaborating with our existing team, you will lead training sessions, oversee competency sign-offs, and conduct package assessments for a diverse range of carers and care packages. Your mission will be to promote positive life experiences, support informed choices, and assist our carer team in creating meaningful memories with children who may have limited lifespans.
In addition to managing the delivery of high-quality training, your responsibilities will encompass building strong relationships with carers, staff, and families. You will support the delivery of exceptional care at every stage and advocate internally and externally for the remarkable work the charity offers through both donated and commissioned care streams.
- Complete induction training
- Attend team meetings to share best practices and offer support
- Conduct ongoing 6-weekly supervisions
- Ensure compliance at all times
- Provide exceptional training and assessment, including feedback within dedicated communication channels
- Continuously improve care standards
What You’ll Bring:
- Deliver comprehensive clinical skills training and assessments, with a focus on tracheostomy care, NP suction, oral suction, nebulization, and other complex clinical procedures.
- Possess a Full & Clean Driving License, own car with Business Use Insurance,
- Maintain a clean DBS.
- Hold NMC Qualification with a valid PIN and no work restrictions.
- Conduct introduction sessions for new families with clinical care requirements and provide ongoing support.
- Update care plans and risk assessments as necessary, ensuring alignment with the evolving needs of the children.
- Identify and communicate specific training requirements related to individual care needs.
- Provide training to care staff in complex community clinical care skills.
- Monitor and maintain infection control standards, implementing additional measures when required.
- Regularly communicate with families to ensure their clinical needs are met and address any concerns promptly.
- Report and escalate child protection concerns to the Local Authority following established protocols.
- Collaborate with care teams, line managers, and other stakeholders to ensure effective coordination and communication.
- Lead and manage students on placement with the charity.
What’s In It For You:
- 28 days holiday including statutory bank holidays (pro rata for part-time)
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Hospital Saturday Fund – Health Cash Plan
- Flex Benefits including salary sacrifice scheme
- Discounted main line train fares
- On-site Parking
- Paid time to attend CPD/Conferences/Seminars
Be Yourself: Lagan’s Foundation embraces Diversity and Inclusion, celebrating differences while fostering a collaborative and inclusive culture. As a Disability Confident Committed employer, we encourage applicants to communicate any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process. We are also open to discussing flexible working options if the role allows. Join us in shaping a dynamic, innovative, and inclusive environment.
To Apply: Complete the online Enquiry and forward your CV to Applications@Lagans.org.uk
NO Skilled Worker Visa Sponsorship